[SVN] SVN Repository Broken?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Mar 13 19:23:43 UTC 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 14:53, Brad Miller wrote:

> I tried to commit my changes to sort entities this morning and got the
> following error:

Not sure why, but seems the information svn uses to figure out which
user/password to use, changed, so it will default to $USER which may
cause problems, especially since there seems to be a svn bug that
causes it to give an error message during commit if the first user
login was unsuccessful (even when correct user/pw is provided).

I'm sure some here can tell how to set the default user to be used with
a repository, but since I'm to lazy to look it up, you can give
'--username <user>' and at least for me then afterwards that user is
now again default, but users seems to be cached in ~/.subversion, so if
you have problems you may want to remove that directory.