[SVN] hanging when doing subversion commit

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jun 16 14:06:56 UTC 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 13:33, Simon Strandgaard wrote:

> Hmm.. I just tried 'svn commit'.. but this gives me this message
> [...]
> Any ideas why commit isn't possible ?

As for the actual message, I have no idea -- it could sound like
you're behind a proxy, but you aren't, are you?

You can try:
  1) svn cleanup
  2) svn up # just to be sure there aren't local conflicts
  3) svn status # what does it say about the files etc.

And also, when you do svn commit give --username and --password as
arguments. Probably the bug is fixed, but at least once in the past I
was bitten by one wrong (default) username let to me not beeing able
to commit.

Finally, there might be a difference between whether or not the
checkout is over http or https. I use the former after I had problems
with the latter.