[SVN] Revision 1188 (Ruby)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Jun 14 12:29:35 UTC 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 13:49, Michael Sheets wrote:

>> Actually, it's "class << [variable]", where [variable] denotes any
>> object, that is to be extended.
>> Example:
> As I said later; fix my scope names as I'm new at Ruby. At least
> it's not a heredoc anymore. ;)
>
> So hmm, 'entity.other.variable' or 'entity.other.object-variable'
> perhaps?

I'd say: variable.other.[whatever-ruby-calls-this].ruby.

Btw: I placed self, super, this etc. under constant.language but I
think this should have been variable.language -- not really related
to this though, except that with this, both self and foo would have
variable prefix.

As for def|class|module being unnecessary in the normal keywords:
they sort of are, except that if you just write: “def<end-of-line>”
the “def method” rule won't kick in yet, so that might be a valid
reason to keep them as separate matches as well (but of course they
should give same scope names).