[SVN] Bundle commit 382

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Mon Feb 28 18:56:43 UTC 2005

On Feb 28, 2005, at 4:07 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2005, at 8:15, Chris Thomas wrote:
>
>>> U   trunk/Subversion.tmbundle/Commands/Commit.plist
>>> A   trunk/Subversion.tmbundle/Tools/svn_commit.rb
>> Not tested with Ruby 1.6.x; any volunteers? :)
>
> My recent commits where all made with Ruby 1.6.8 and latest commit
> command, and there were no problems :)

Excellent; thanks.

> I fancy the new box in the commit output, but I wonder, maybe show
> the commit message in the non-quoted/escaped form (also)? Not sure
> about this, but it seems that the -m '...' is mainly there for debug
> purposes!?!

The entire box is there for debugging purposes, yup. It's the actual
command we're sending to the shell. Seems like I can get rid of it now
or show a more structured version since I haven't seen any reports of
bugs. And I can output the details only if the commit failed or any
ruby exceptions were thrown.

> A shorter form of quoting single-quotes is btw: -m 'Don'\''t use
> "double" quotes'. But since neither versions are really suited for
> easy reading, I guess it doesn't matter ;)

I didn't want to rely on backslashes to travel through the shell
unharmed. :)

Chris