[SVN] REQ: commands choosing output

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Sun Feb 20 15:57:27 UTC 2005

On Feb 20, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> 1) Much cleaner in the script than either applescript or the input
>> stream parsing
>
> Why's that? We could also use an UUID for AS, so it would (probably)
> be something like:
>  osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate" to change output for "'$TM_CMD_ID'"
> to HTML'

3 things sub-optimal with that:

1) AppleScript requires more support from your end. DO is pretty damn
easy to do.

2) AppleScript is slow. Yes, this is a fairly simple usage, but it
would still be much slower than DO

3) AppleScript is ugly. The ${TM_OUTPUT_SELECT} tool idea is much
cleaner in the shell script

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org