[SVN] Bundle commit 256

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Feb 14 04:06:41 UTC 2005

On Feb 13, 2005, at 10:34 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Ah, since I don't give a message ID it probably just hashes the
> content or something.

Actually, if there's no links or anything, I believe it uses the titles.

The reason why it's not updating normally is your server returns 304
so the server still returned 304 responses. I think it worked for Eric
because he hadn't updated after the latest commit was done, or
something like that (either that, or NNW Lite for some reason doesn't
do 304 responses, but that would be surprising).

> I tried to disable “white-space: pre” to have the feed wrap, but then
> actual line breaks weren't respected (so some of you may have received
> a lot of new messages from the feed, because of the change in
> content).
>
> I'll see if I can't fix this at a later time (i.e. do wrapping _and_
> respect hard wraps).

NNW 2.0 beta just had a change where if there's no HTML in an entry
then line breaks turn into <br />s (although somebody asked to turn it
into <p>s instead). But obviously not all clients will do this. Maybe
you could modify the feed to turn line breaks into <br />s yourself?

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org
http://www.tildesoft.com