[SVN] Light -vs- Dark background syntax files

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Feb 11 03:43:39 UTC 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 4:32 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2005, at 21:59, Brad Miller wrote:
>> Is there a better way that I'm missing?  Do you have a new scheme in
>> mind for an upcoming release?
> Currently there is no better way, but yes, I do have a new scheme in
> mind.
> I'm putting last hand on beta 5 currently and hope to release it
> either before I go to sleep or tomorrow. Then I'll get to that renewed
> syntax system that I have been planning more or less since the initial
> release ;)
> I am however a little torn about whether I should do that for beta 6
> or if I should wrap up the loose ends in the current beta and release
> 1.1 (and then do it for 1.1.1b1). I'd prefer to start work on the
> syntax system now (also because one loose end is the missing scope
> system, which does sort of require that I either patch or rework the
> syntax system), but releasing 1.1 has strategical benefits ;)

One datapoint is that the version control bundles could use some
additional testing. A beta cycle to get some user comments and testing
in wouldn't hurt them at all.

In any case, users should be warned about the 'beta' nature of the
Subversion bundle -- it may be wise to default it to off, in fact. (I'm
mainly concerned that people don't risk their careers on Commit just
yet. :)

But I understand the value of getting a stable release out the door,
and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if you chose to wrap it up
instead of doing one more beta.

Chris