[SVN] Bundle commit 215

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Thu Feb 10 21:49:41 UTC 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Bob Fleck wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2005, at 1:59 AM, Chris Thomas wrote:
>> On Feb 9, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>> And I'd suggest using stringByAbbreviatingWithTildeInPath (IIRC) on
>>> the paths when showing these in the GUI -- I actually did do the
>>> latter change myself, but then all sorts of problems with the new
>>> tool that had no .svn directories. Do you have any trick for this? I
>>> guess it's easier to remove old and add new instead of moving around
>>> the files/directories.
>> One way to make this work might be to commit the
>> "build/CommitWindow.app" in CommitWindowProject, then "svn copy" it
>> to "Subversion.tmbundle/Tools". Then, when you have new changes ready
>> to go, commit the new "build/CommitWindow.app", and then svn merge it
>> into "Subversion.tmbundle/Tools".
>> But it's awkward either way. Probably less work to remove and add.
> I'd suggest looking into svn:external, it will allow you to
> effectively #include other directories as subdirs at other locations.
> This way you won't have the copy/merge ongoing work, as svn will treat
> the multiple directories as one in the db.  It's a lot like a symlink
> (but only works for directories.)
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html

It's a good thought. One of the issues is that if you branch the
bundles, the branch will continue to point to the trunk revision of the
externals. It would also need to be updated by hand if the repo were to
be acquire a different URL someday. It really needs relative link
support.

Still, it's worth considering.

Chris