[SVN] Bundle commit 179

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Feb 3 13:48:31 UTC 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 1:29, Chris Thomas wrote:

> OK. I need to track down the language that doesn't have the language
> appended and fix it, then. I know there's at least one.

Not pretty, but this will give you all names with the file they are
from as line prefix:

find . -regex '.*Syntaxes.*' -and -name '*.plist' -exec printf 'pl <
"{}" | sed "s#\\(.*\\)#$(basename "{}" .plist):\\1#"\n' \;|sh|grep
name\ =|perl -pe 's/(.*?:).*name = "?(.*?)"?;.*/$1 $2/g'

>> For top level we could use sourcecode, text and markup.
> I'd be tempted to shorten "sourcecode" to "source".

How about code then instead?

> Q: Where do makefiles and diff and iCalendar fit in?

We could do: text, markup, script, and code. So makefiles are script
and iCalendar (I assume) is markup?

Not sure if script/code separation will insult some. Maybe script
should just be makefile, bash etc. and ruby, php, perl etc. is code.

> Looks fine to me. You'd then be able to select on
> "sourcecode(.*)objective-c$" for strictly ObjC stuff?

Yes.

> You may want to be able to distinguish between headers and sources
> from commands and snippets -- but it may be better to wait and see if
> there's a need.

Ah, I've actually (unknowingly) wanted to do that for my obj-c method
snippet, which should just do a prototype in the header (i.e. a
semicolon and no braces).