[SVN] Re: New version of source-highlight (Brad Miller)

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Sat Aug 6 15:16:05 UTC 2005

On 2005/07/25, at 05:03, textmate-dev-request at lists.macromates.com
wrote:

> It is available from both fink and darwinports.  I'm almost certain I
> got it from Darwin Ports.
> Its a shame it relies on boost.  I too have wasted many hours trying
> to get that library to compile.

The latest version of source-highlight, 2.1.1, builds and runs on
MacOS X 10.4.2 on my PB. With the help of Gregory Wright, we have
sketched a solution for building source-highlight such that it only
depends on Apple supplied libraries (i.e. statically linked to the
boost regexp library). An easier solution, and this is my proposal,
is to use an user-installed version of source-highlight (we can point
interested users to DarwinPorts or Fink) instead of providing its
binary inside the TextMate application bundle. After all, TextMate
already depends on other binaries for some of its extra
functionality. What do you think? Updated versions of the "Source"
commands could test for the availability of source-highlight,
instructing the user how to get it if not installed.

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Informatics                   Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
University of Beira Interior          Phone: +351 275319700
6201-001 Covilhã                      Fax:   +351 275319899
Portugal

<mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>
<http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>     <http://www.logtalk.org>