[SVN] Code Themes (was Re: Indenting style in snippets)

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 08:34:46 UTC 2005

On 11 Apr 2005, at 21:46, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> On 11-04-2005 12:16, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> ... create/edit [TM] style sheets (which btw desperately need a
>> better name)...
> But seriously, what about "code theme"?

I would strongly, but humbly suggest "Style Themes", as "it does what
it says on the tin" so to speak.

Having 2 or 4 spaces per tab, is a style issue rather than a code issue.
Having all functions/strings/whatever highlighted red/blue/whatever is
a style issue rather than a code issue.

Then having all the various styles grouped together into Themes makes
sense, whereas grouping Code into Themes does not.

On top of that, I would hope for a Style Switcher menu item, where I
could easily switch between different themes, without having to go into
the preferences or something similar. Maybe even have it as an option
on the right-click popup menu ?

Just my 2c worth ;-)

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -