[TxMt] Re: b15: problems with tm/tm_wait

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Sep 30 23:56:19 UTC 2005

On 30/09/2005, at 23.44, Benjamin Jackson wrote:

> Hehe... this little problem just resurfaced after updating to the
> latest build (478):
>
> mate: couldn't launch TextMate (you may need to reset your LS
> database).
>
> Only happens when I don't already have textmate open.

Here's how to reset it:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/
LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r /System/Library/
CoreServices /Applications /Developer/Applications

I have seriouslly considered putting this in launchd, since I get the
problem each time I make a deployment build of TextMate (since it
goes to another location than the development build), and it breaks
the TextMate service as well.