Hi there,

There seems to be a bug in the LaTeX bundle's reference/citation auto-complete for my specific set-up.
I'm fairly sure I've fixed it (though its possible this is not the best / most generic method) so I'll try to describe my problem / situation:

In my project I have a master .tex document, and several other .tex files (each with something like the following line as their first line):
%!TEX root = ../thesis.tex

When I attempted to auto-complete references/citations I'd get this error (output directly in my file at the cursor, not as a pop-up or tooltip):
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `initialize': No such file or directory - /Users/andrew/Documents/Uni/Papers/Writing/Thesis/thesis.tex
from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `open'
from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `options'
from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:45:in `master'
from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:56:in `get_labels'
from /tmp/temp_textmate.oacqrp:8

The file that it claims does not exist definitely exists, but in the error message that was output in my document, there was a diamond character immediately after "thesis.tex", visible because i have the "Show Invisibles" TextMate setting enabled.
I copied the text including the diamond character and pasted it into a web-based ascii-to-hex converter (http://centricle.com/tools/ascii-hex/) and it seems to be the character %0A, i.e. the Line Feed or new line character (\n), suggesting the script is erroneously including the \n as part of the TEX root filename property.
- I've checked the document in TextMate with Show Invisibles on and cannot see any extra characters
- I've also tried deleting the line and typing it out again
- I've tried using absolute and relative paths for the root document property
None of these solved the problem (and none had any detrimental effect after I'd fixed it as described below).

I've fixed the problem by editing the script:
and changing line 42 from:
new_master = (master.parent + Pathname.new(opts['root'])).cleanpath
new_master = (master.parent + Pathname.new(opts['root'].strip)).cleanpath

This fix would probably break the functionality of the root file if the full specified path is required to start or end with a space (e.g. the root file is called "master.tex "). I don't think quotation marks are allowed here to account for this somewhat unlikely scenario, but it may well break the script for someone. Perhaps a slightly better fix would be to remove a single trailing \n character if it is present (however this is beyond my Ruby scripting abilities).

Anyway, hope this is of some help and some kind of fix can be put into the official bundle