1. The file type (which determines the bundle that textmate uses for your file) needs to be set for a given file. I would imagine the inconsistent coloring is because some of the files have not been assigned a type and therefore don't know to use a bundle and get colored. Use the bar at the bottom. There is a drop down menu that should list the file type. On the uncolored files you mention the file type is likely listed as plain text, change it to 'ruby on rails.'
2. Folder issue--> I don't know why the tree is collapsing after switching from textmate and coming back in. My tree doesn't change. The folder state does just stay the same for me.
3. The problem with autocompletion is likely the same as 1. Textmate uses bundles to determine what shortcuts you need for your particular language. autocompletion works by typing the first three letters, hitting tab, and allowing the bundle to determine the options from there. If there is only one, the completion finishes. Otherwise you select from the choices. There is also an esc key driven completion which functions slightly differently--it is used for finishing words, variable names etc.--but doesn't insert the code syntax the way that tab does. Try both out after setting the file type as in #1.
I just started using TextMate for programming Ruby on Rails apps. I have encountered some problems using it and would appreciate any help I could get in figuring out how to fix them. Below are the three problems that I've run into:
1. TextMate is inconsistent about when it colorizes code in .erb file. When I open some files, TextMate colorizes the code correctly. But on other .erb files, TextMate doesn't colorize at all.
2. TextMate closes the folder tree on my project. When I navigate from my browser or terminal window to TextMate, I'll often find that the folder tree has been closed. This is really annoying because then I have to click on all the folders so that I can navigate to the files that I want. Is there any way to get TextMate to just remember the folder tree state?
3. TextMate doesn't do auto code completion. I've seen some videos that show TextMate doing autocompletion via snippets. How do I turn on the auto code completion?
Thanks for all your help!
textmate mailing list