[TxMt] Migrating TM 1 bundles to TM 2

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Mon Dec 16 16:06:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm a die-hard TextMate 1 user who upgraded to Catalina and am finally migrating to TextMate 2. That being said, I spent a lot of time in TextMate 1 on custom bundle snippets, themes, languages, macros, etc., so I'm hoping not to lose them.

Clicking on my original bundle brings up a TextMate 2 dialog box that asks if I want to install, but if I click "OK" it doesn't appear in the File menu, Bundle editor, or Preferences.

The TextMate wiki (https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/FAQ), and past correspondence on this list, says this could be a problem with fs-events support, and suggests this fix:

rm ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.plist

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a plist in this directory--just BundlesIndex.binary. I tried deleting that to no effect.

After double clicking on my old personal bundle, a copy appears in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles. There is no error dialog box, and I see no errors or faults when I search for "textmate" in the Console after attempting the install.

Any help greatly appreciated!

jon

Jon Ippolito
Professor of New Media
Co-director, Still Water
Director, Digital Curation graduate program
Does Anyone Actually Read These Titles
The University of Maine