[TxMt] Re: 10.14 / Mojave Dark Mode

Ronald Wampler rdwampler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:59:36 UTC 2018

> On 5 Oct 2018, at 7:45, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>
> I’ve tried, but it doesn't look so good yet. For example my tabs are not dark as on your screen shot. Have you changed the source code?
>
> Dark mode is supported for the tabs when building from master: https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/cf06fb3d947e7aee56a5ef76c93ac6c2fa96b89d

I should mention that  the current way we handle the styling  for the tabs (as
NSImages) is not  optimal since it doesn’t support desktop  tint. The only way
I know how to  properly support it is to add the tab  bar as an accessory view
in the  title bar (API 10.10)  and change the `OakTabBarStyle`  to use NSColor
instead of NSImage images.

Ron