[TxMt] Re: behavior of "Find" window - don't recent on bring to front?

Thu Nov 29 02:34:52 UTC 2018

On 29 Nov 2018, at 4:49, John DeSoi wrote:

> The problem is that the window has to stay open to preserve the last
> used folder scope. If you use ⇧⌘F and then double click on
> something to edit (find window closes), then ⇧⌘F again. All the
> previous searches are still there, but the "In" scope value is lost.
> Seems like it should stay the same until the user changes it on
> purpose.

The problem is that a lot of the time ⇧⌘F is the user saying “I
want to do a new folder search with my current project / selected items
in the file browser” rather than “bring back the previous search I
did”.

But I do run into the case myself, where I want to re-run a search on
e.g. selected file browser items or a non-project folder, but has closed
the window and thus there is no way to bring it back without resetting
the “in” pop-up.

What I have been wanting to add is history to the find dialog with ⌘[
/ ⌘] to go back/forward in the history.

That way, one would be able to use ⇧⌘F followed by ⌘[ to open Find
in Folder and get back to the previous search folder.

For me, as a heavy keyboard user, I *think* this would be a good
solution. I’ll move up the item on my to-do.