[TxMt] Re: File browser: SCM status view no longer working?

Mon Nov 12 04:37:20 UTC 2018

On 10 Nov 2018, at 17:46, Nigel Chapman wrote:

> SCM button is a no-op, and so is the menu command.
>
> There are no git sub-modules in this project, the only funny thing
> about it is that it is on the icloud drive,

Did it work prior to the file browser update?

Also, where is this project on disk? Are you using `mate
/path/to/project` to open it? Or possibly the file browser’s “Go to
Folder…”.

I added a git repository for an iCloud container, and that worked for
me. But actually navigating to the container in TextMate was a bit of a
challenge, as iCloud is not shown as a volume, and selecting iCloud via
“Go to Folder…” doesn’t actually list all containers, as they
appear to not be in a central location: Though I was unable to find any
developer documentation about how I could add proper iCloud support to
the file browser. The only thingI found was about accessing my own
application’s container.