[TxMt] ps2pdf

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Mon Mar 26 22:27:02 UTC 2018

I’ve recently moved to a new machine (an iMac Pro), and have successfully installed Texlive 2017 and TextMate. When I use other LaTeX editors, I can successfully typeset LaTeX files, but not when I use TextMate. I typeset in the old fashioned dvips->ps->pdf way, and the problem I seem to be having is with the ps2pdf utility, that finishes the conversion of the file from postscript to pdf. The error message says that this utility has run too many times. When I view the postscript file that is created during this process, it looks fine and I can get Preview (and Skim) to translate it into a pdf.

Because other editors can typeset fine, I’m thinking that there is something wrong with the way that TextMate calls the ps2pdf process on my machine. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Kyle Johnson