[TxMt] Re: parsing errors from textmate to terminal

Fri Feb 2 14:29:13 UTC 2018

On 2 Feb 2018, at 20:55, Martin Batholdy wrote:

> When parsing large amount of text from textmate2 to the terminal, it
> sometimes happens that strange parsing errors occur.
> Line breaks, white space, or symbols are arbitrarily not send
> correctly to terminal.

Do you mean *parsing* or *pasting*?

If you mean *pasting*: when I have a temporary “script” in TextMate
that I want to run in the current terminal I copy it to the clipboard
and then in the terminal I run:

	pbpaste|sh

This will run the script through the shell interpreter without issues
like e.g. tab characters triggering expansion, or return triggering
instant execution with potential reads from stdin that may swallow some
of your script.