[TxMt] Re: TextMate and WebPack

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Fri Feb 2 12:38:30 UTC 2018

On Feb 2, 2018, at 3:15 AM, Kaoru <kaorukozuma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does TextMate have any equivalent features like the article below?
>
> https://webpack.js.org/guides/development/#adjusting-your-text-editor
>
> I'm asking this because there seems to be some kind of saving issue in
> real-time-page-update when I try Webpack Hot Module Replacement with
> TestMate, whereas some other low-featured editors works fine.

To be clear you are asking to disable a safety feature very commonly used in many applications to work around a bug in Webpack. It is not possible to disable this in TextMate 2 due to this being standard system call. (TextMate 2 uses the exchangedata* to do this.)

* https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man2/exchangedata.2.html