[TxMt] Re: gen_html fails during build

Thu Nov 16 03:19:08 UTC 2017

On 16 Nov 2017, at 1:19, Don Feliciano wrote:

> macOS 10.13.1
>
> I've also tried changing the shebang of gen_html to so it uses ruby
> 2.4.2 (from Homebrew) and the result is the same. Anyone else hitting
> this? Any workaround?

I am not yet on 10.13.1 so I don’t know what the issue is, however, as
the error is from erb which is being used with this template
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Applications/TextMate/about/Contributions.md
then I assume that erb changed rules about “escaping”.

There are erb tags that use both `%` and `<<`. The former is used in the
documentation for erb, so I think more likely it’s the latter that is
causing the problem.

Can you try edit the above mentioned file to avoid `<<` and see if it
helps?