[TxMt] Re: "Half focused" windows bug

Etienne Samson samson.etienne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:52:42 UTC 2017

Le 9 mars 2017 à 01:31, Graham Heath <graham.p.heath at gmail.com> a écrit :

> It seems odd to me that sometimes even the most minor changes in a small text file can cause my TextMate to hang for up to 6 or 7 seconds. It seems like if I switch from and back to TextMate while its saving I frequently get the "half focus" state to reproduce. Does this sound familiar?

Yes. WindowServer is a piece of **it. I get that 6 to 7 delay almost all the time when switching from Chrome to TextMate, or the reverse.

** you can monitor it's CPU usage for a more definite proof. Mine has a tendency to jump around 50-70% when that happens, and there are many reports of something wonky going on in Apple forums.

It seems definitely related to the number of windows I have open, so closing some of those alleviate the issue. I'm not intimate with either Chrome or TextMate tab handling, but I suspect somehow one tab = one "window" (to the window server).

Regards,
Etienne Samson
samson.etienne at gmail.com