[TxMt] Re: revert source to default (without deltas) (and how to alter settings without cocking up bundles)

Sun Jan 15 06:14:02 UTC 2017

On 10 Jan 2017, at 18:00, Tim Bates wrote:

> Email list: How do you really revert a core bundle to base?

There are two folders used for one bundle:

1. `~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles`
2. `~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles`

The first one is the full bundle without any changes done by the user.

The second is your changes, but stored as a delta.

If you want to revert, simply delete your changes from the second
location.

Additionally TextMate has a cache of bundle items here:

     ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary

This is kept up-to-date using fsevents, so normally doing changes to
bundles, even behind TextMate’s back, should not cause any issues, but
it has known to become out of sync, in which case you can delete the
index file, and TextMate will rebuild it on next launch.

> PPS: bit of a hot mess of 10-year old TM1 info and partial TM2 info on
> the interweb at present: we should try and clean up where possible now
> everyone is moving to TM2 beta

There is a manual for 2.0 as work-in-progress, it’s moving really
slowly, but I try to cover most things there:
http://manual.textmate.org/ — once it’s finished, the main site will
be updated to prominently feature this manual.