[TxMt] Re: Building TextMate Prerequisites Question

dangerwillrobinsondanger at gmail.com dangerwillrobinsondanger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:23:06 UTC 2017

>> Prerequisites listed include Boost.
>>
>> My question is:
>> What is the recommended way to build/install Boost for TextMate
>> building?
>
> Using homebrew is the easiest, this should take care of all
> prerequisites:
>
>     brew install ragel boost multimarkdown hg ninja capnp
> google-sparsehash libressl
>
>> Using Homebrew, boost has additional options and they seem possibly
>> valuable but also potentially problematic.
>
> TextMate only use a few header-only libraries from boost, so I don?t
> think any of the options have any effect on TextMate.
Ah. I didn't even think to survey the header includes.
Thanks it's exactly what I wanted to know!
I might run it through Doxygen to get a list easily going forward.
Thanks!
JJ