[TxMt] Re: Ruby Bundle unavailable

Wed Sep 14 15:36:33 UTC 2016

On 14 Sep 2016, at 16:17, Matt Neuburg wrote:

>> Could this possibly be your script?
> That process in Activity Monitor is ruby. After a couple of hours of
> work I can end up with several copies of ruby in Activity Monitor, and
> that's when the fans get so loud that I realize something is up.

But your script is written in ruby, right? Given that you can close the
HTML output window, it does sound like your script is the one sticking
around.

Do you use threads or fork in your script?

You should be able to see what parameters are given to the ruby process
that stuck around, perhaps not in Activity Monitor, but from a terminal
try run:

     ps aux|grep ruby

Another very useful command is `pstree` but this is an optional install
(e.g. `brew install pstree`).

> What I'm wondering is whether something changed about how the ruby
> script runner works. m.

I don’t see anything that could cause this.