[TxMt] Re: NVM paths?

Fri Oct 28 02:40:25 UTC 2016

On 28 Oct 2016, at 6:49, Graham Heath wrote:

> For NVM to keep multiple versions in the path it adds ~/.nvm/nvm.sh to
> your
> .bash_profile, which interns amends the "default nvm-node path" to
> PATH.
> Like this, `which node` will return something like
> "/Users/______/.nvm/versions/node/v6.2.2/bin/node".
>
> I could simply add that path to TM_PATH, but if node versions change,
> TextMate will continue using the old version (or worse).
>
> I’m sure some of you are running into this problem. What have you
> done to
> solve it?

The best way to handle these things is by using symbolic links, so you
would have a `current` link pointing to the version you wish to use, and
you can add that to `PATH`, then no shell script is required to be
executed by apps that want to access the current node.

If NVM does not provide such links, I would make it a suggestion.