[TxMt] Re: Order of suggestion of autocomplete items

Sun Oct 16 12:02:12 UTC 2016

On 10 Oct 2016, at 18:46, Bert Zangle wrote:

> […] For example, for my current (Python) file, after writing:
>
> print(some_function(some_argument),
>
> where my default completion list includes the following to be added
> (for
> debug prints):
>
> "\n")
>
> the first completion suggested in my current file instead is:
>
> :])):
>
> Not technically /wrong/ I guess, the combination does appear somewhere
> in my
> code, but not really the thing I'd typically want to use completion
> for.
>
> But that's a result of the regex harvesting the completions, right? So
> only
> indirectly related, I guess.

Yes, although it’s not a regexp but based on the current word
prefix/suffix and everything in the document considered a “unit”
with the same prefix and/or suffix.

If you can provide a simple example where it inserts non-word characters
as completion candidates, feel free to share it, as this behavior does
sound like something worth looking into.