[TxMt] Re: Multiple TM dock icons

Sun Oct 16 11:37:44 UTC 2016

On 13 Oct 2016, at 2:13, Carpii UK wrote:

> I seem to be ending up with two TM dock icons quite a bit lately, not
> 100%
> sure but it seems to coincide with when I accept a LiveUpdate.

Do you have the “is running” indicator enabled for the dock, and if
so, does it show only one of the two instances running?

What if you right-click the dock-icon and select Options → Show in
Finder, do the two dock icons point to the same location?

The way the updating works is that it actually writes a new Contents
folder _inside_ TextMate.app, so there are never two TextMate.app files
on the disk, so it would be surprising if the system still manages to
see two (unique) versions.

That said, there has been issues in the past with multiple TextMate.app
entries in Finder’s Open With menu, but that was before I started
overwriting Contents instead of writing a new TextMate.app.