[TxMt] Re: Open Last Closed File

Fri Oct 7 10:00:57 UTC 2016

On 7 Oct 2016, at 4:42, Carpii UK wrote:

> But strictly speaking it doesn't open the last closed file. It
> defaults to
> the last tab selected (which may actually be a file that is already
> open)

Correct that “Open Quickly…” is only showing last-recently-used
for the current project.

But is this a problem in practice? And if so, does the “Open Recent”
menu work for re-opening the document you accidentally closed?

This submenu is managed by the system (as part of its document recent
list management), so I cannot add a “Last Document” proxy item at
the top of this menu (which could then be assigned a shortcut), but I
think that you can select the first item of this menu via AppleScript,
which would give you a more universal “Open Last Document”.

Btw: for a proper “Open Last Document” TextMate should probably also
support this for untitled documents or documents that had unsaved
changes when they were closed. Though unsure how often such feature
would be used.