[TxMt] Occasional performance hickups when editing, possibly my own fault. Any obvious way to profile TM performance?

Bert Zangle zanglebert at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:23:07 UTC 2016

Hey

I'm occasionally experiencing  smaller performance hickups in TM. Writing a
line of code, there's a short delay before the input appears; delay is maybe
in the range of half a second. It's infrequent enough not to be really
bothersome, but ideally, I'd like to know the cause.

It could in fact be some (too expensive) regexes I defined in my customized
language grammars, but I can't say for sure right now.

That's why I was wondering: is there a relatively simple way I can profile
TM/TM processes, in order to find out if it is in fact my own grammar rules
causing these hickups, or if it's something else?