[TxMt] Re: A problem with typesetting with skim

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Sat Nov 26 16:13:00 UTC 2016

Hi Tao,

> On 26 Nov 2016, at 14:55 , Tao Zha <zmail at tzha.net> wrote:
>
> Dear All:
>
> I am unable to typeset a latex file using the latest TextMate version with Skim.  I can typeset the text file first time, but cannot typeset it with subsequent changes to the text file.  Can you help me resolve this obvious bug?

thank you for the bug report. I tried the following:

1. Open a new file in TextMate `⌘`+ `N`
2. Paste the following text:

    \documentclass{article}
    \begin{document}
    ~
    \end{document}

3. Save the file as `Test.tex` in the folder `Downloads`
4. Use “Typeset & View (PDF)” (`⌘`+ `R`)
5. Skim shows an empty PDF
6. Insert the text `lorem` instead of the `~` and press `⇥`
7. The content of the file now looks like this:

    \documentclass{article}
    \begin{document}
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
    \end{document}

8. Use “Typeset & View (PDF)” again (`⌘`+ `R`)
9. The PDF in Skim shows the text `lorem ipsum…`

TextMate: Version 2.0-rc.4
OS: macOS 10.12.1
Skim: 1.4.24

One thing that might help is to clean your current LaTeX project. You can do that via “Bundles”→ “LaTeX”→“Tool”→“Clean”. If that does not help, then please reformulate your issue using “Steps to Reproduce the problem” [1]. Thank you.

[1]: https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Writing-Bug-Reports

> Thanks,
>
> Tao

Kind regards,