[TxMt] Re: Cmd+T Enter is slow since RC1

Ralf Baumbach ralf.baumbach at mailbox.org
Fri Nov 18 17:42:47 UTC 2016

Yes, the usage is dependent on the workflow. I think I see this problem now more often because my computer gets older and the file list is really huge

Just to give a little bit more context: I often find myself working in parallel in a few different files, e.g. up to 10 that I have to edit during a single feature implementation. Now when I use the CMD-T file listing  I don’t necessarily enter any search string, but I glance at the list and identify the file that I’m looking for by it’s name. So in that case I would actually expect that the file order has been cached somewhere and the top results should be determined by my edit history.
If I enter a search text, then I fully understand that the list has to update.

But what I see right now is that the compilation of the file list takes long enough, so that updates in the file list happen (which creates the scroll issue that I was describing) even if I don’t enter any search term.

Does that make sense?

I’ll try my luck with disableFilterListAutoScroll.