[TxMt] Cmd+T Enter is slow since RC1

Jonathan Monahan jonathan at monahan.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 13:59:00 UTC 2016

Hi,
Congratulations on reaching the significant milestone of RC1 on Textmate2. Unfortunately a bug has crept in in this release.

In the attached video, I press Cmd+T followed by Enter to switch between the current and previous files.  The first time, I wait for the list to appear before pressing Enter, and it works as expected.  The 2nd, 3rd and 4th times I quickly press Cmd+T followed by Enter before the list appears – the dialog closes but the previous file is not loaded.  On the 5th time, I wait before pressing Enter again, and it works.

Clearly the problem is probably caused by the number of files.  Prior to RC1, the list appeared instantaneously, but additional files filled in the list later.  Is it possible to go back to that behaviour which has worked well for many years?

Regards,
Jonathan Monahan