[TxMt] Re: Multiple TM dock icons

Carpii UK carpii.uk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:41:29 UTC 2016

> On 13 Oct 2016, at 2:13, Carpii UK wrote:
>
> I seem to be ending up with two TM dock icons quite a bit lately, not 100%
> sure but it seems to coincide with when I accept a LiveUpdate.
>
> The way the updating works is that it actually writes a new Contents
> folder *inside* TextMate.app, so there are never two TextMate.app files
> on the disk, so it would be surprising if the system still manages to see
> two (unique) versions.
>
> That said, there has been issues in the past with multiple TextMate.app
> entries in Finder’s Open With menu, but that was before I started
> overwriting Contents instead of writing a new TextMate.app.

I just had this happen again, but as Graham suggested, it seems to be due
to my custom TM build.

'ps aux | grep textmate -i' confirmed both instances were from different
paths.

I'm guessing after updating, TextMate just asks OSX to launch TextMate
without an absolute path?
So it seems to pick up my custom build, which is in home/build and hence in
my $PATH

Not a problem now I know whats causing it

Cheers