[TxMt] Re: bug: unresponsive modal sheet after changing folder name

Wed Nov 2 16:41:47 UTC 2016

On 2 Nov 2016, at 17:47, Bas Van Klinkenberg wrote:

> […] None of these buttons are reacting to mouse clicks, space bar or
> return keys. Due to the sheet being modal, my only recourse is to
> force quite TextMate.

FYI the issue should be fixed in v2.0-beta.12.30 available by holding
option when selecting Check for Updates in the TextMate menu.

The issue should only have affect the nightly builds, will likely push a
new nightly build in ~12 hours.

As for renaming ancestor folders of open files, there are currently two
known issues related to this, one is that TextMate does _not_ update the
path of any open documents, so the open documents will effectively
become orphans, the other issue is that each open document caches the
inode read when opening the document, and when opening another document,
if the inode of the other document is the same as an already open
document, it will use the already open document (we do not compare the
path since that would fail when using links). After “removing” a
parent folder of a document, any open document in this folder does not
have its cached inode cleared (since it does not detect the parent is
gone until the user tries to save), which does lead to a situation where
a document effectively has the wrong inode.

I am not sure if this fully explains the behavior you saw, but
definitely renaming ancestor folders of open documents is currently
something that should be avoided.