[TxMt] bug: unresponsive modal sheet after changing folder name

Bas Van Klinkenberg txmt at vanklinkenbergsoftware.nl
Wed Nov 2 10:47:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I’m running TextMate 2.0-beta.12.26 on OSX El Capitan (10.11.6)

I ran into the following issue today:
While going through some code refactoring, I changed a couple of files, but I forgot to save one of these files (so it showed up half transparant in the file list sidebar).
I then modified the name of the folder which contained that open file (I did that in TextMates file list sidebar). The project is in a git repo by the way.

After that I moved focus to another program (I’ve got TextMate set to automatically save on focus lost) but TextMate then switched to the open file, presenting me a modal sheet “No parent folder for <filename>. Do you wish to create a folder at <previous_name_of_renamed_folder>” with buttons ‘Cancel’ and ‘Create Folder’.
None of these buttons are reacting to mouse clicks, space bar or return keys. Due to the sheet being modal, my only recourse is to force quite TextMate.

After relaunching TextMate, I found the file in the renamed folder (without the unsaved changes I made to it).
I made the changes again, saved this time, changed the file name and then changed the folder name.
On focus lost showed me the same modal sheet again! (after which I had to force quite TextMate again).

Now when I open this project in TextMate, it opens in the tab containing the above file, with the new contents, but with the *old* name. The file list sidebar shows the new name.
As soon as I move focus elsewhere, it shows me the unresponsive modal sheet (with the old file name in the error message!), so I’m actually kind of stuck now…

Best regards,
Bas