[TxMt] Re: Feature Request: File/Scope Specific Line Endings

Tue Nov 1 13:51:53 UTC 2016

On 1 Nov 2016, at 17:08, René Schwaiger wrote:

> […] Maybe I am doing something wrong here?

This is definitely a regression and should be fixed in v2.0-beta.12.29
(hold option down when selecting Check for Updates from the TextMate
menu).

As for doing a scope specific setting, what you can do is use
.tm_properties and have something like:

	[ source.abnf ]
	lineEndings = "\r\n"

I assume you would prefer the scope setting so that you can include it
in the bundle.

I think it would be better to “rethink” the settings system a
little, I’d like to consolidate scope settings and .tm_properties as
the former is less friendly for the user but more powerful. This is a
long-term goal.

If you think it is appropriate to default all `source.abnf` files to use
`\r\n` then I would accept a PR for this addition to
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Applications/TextMate/resources/Default.tmProperties
— as you can see in this file, we already have a few “defaults”
for various languages (mainly about soft tabs and tab size).