[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue May 31 12:07:04 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-31 10:15, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> I actually have a local branch which allow commands to run on “document
> changed” which is designed for live HTML/Markdown preview, but could
> also be used for updating the gutter. Though there are some minor issues
> that need fixing before I can push this to master.

This is getting better and better. I absolutely love that idea :). Will
there be a delay, or an option for delay, for when the command is
executed? It doesn't always make sense to immediately run a command on
"document changed".

That feature would go really well with inline marks, if TextMate would
have that feature [1]. It can be a bit too much "in your face" to open a
new window with information just by typing in the document. The current
gutter marks require one to click on the mark to display the message.

I actually implemented something similar to on "document changed"
directly in TextMate. It was hardcoded to run Rubocop. Worked really
well together with the inline marks. The only problem was that I had no
way to hide an inline mark, and when basically all lines have a
violation it got a bit too much. It's also a bit annoying to have a fork
to keep up to date.

[1] https://github.com/textmate/textmate/pull/1297

--
/Jacob Carlborg