[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

George McGinley Smith george at gsgd.co.uk
Tue May 31 09:34:57 UTC 2016

I realise it's not what you were after, but as a quick fix I think it works
quite well. Especially now it runs as a tooltip (thanks Allan).

Here's my command:
https://gist.github.com/gdsmith/a87f38ee40e09de6e5a71afa487403a6

I have it bound to the same keyboard shortcut as CSS color insert (⌘+⇧+C)
so I get to choose, and there's no mousing involved. You can even select
the whole doc and run it to get all colours in your current file.

On 28 May 2016 at 06:41, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ability to show colored tooltips is very cool
>
> But to be honest my original query was more to do with just seeing the
> colors all inline.
>
> I prefer not to use the mouse unless necessary (but also some problems can
> only be seen by an overview, instead of hovering over each item in turn)

>> On 27 May 2016, at 15:00, George McGinley Smith wrote:
>>
>> > If you could have HTML/CSS in the tooltips you could just make a quick
>> > popover that wouldn't need any images […]
>>
>> From your command you can run this:
>>
>>     "$DIALOG" tooltip --html '<div style="…">…</div>'

Kind regards,
George.

http://gsgd.co.uk