[TxMt] Go to symbol parsing corrupted?

Evan Jones evan_t_jones at mac.com
Thu May 19 20:38:52 UTC 2016

Hi -
	For the last week or so, the contents of the Go to Symbol window have been totally scrambled for me in all the languages I’ve tried.  Sometimes (After restarting TM) the Go to Symbol window contains the entire file on one line without linebreaks.  Other times there are many lines, each with several lines worth of source in them, but no clear relation to any of the function definitions in the file.

I suspect this is a corrupted settings file somewhere; I’ve got my TM settings synced to Dropbox so when two different machines are open at the same time a number of things go screwy.  I wasn’t sure how to start debugging this one though short of going spelunking in the source.

Is anybody familiar enough with the inner workings of this command to point me to what settings might be corrupted?

Cheers,
Evan

Example:

In the C code at the bottom, I would usually expect to see 4 lines in the list of symbols:

```
#include <stdio.h>
void other();
int main(){
void other(){
```

Instead,  I get the entire contents of the file on one line:
```#include <stdio.h>void other();int main(){printf("line 1 after 'main' symbol\n");printf("line 2 after 'main' symbol\n");other();}void other(){printf("line 1 after 'other' symbol\n");printf("line 2 after 'other' symbol\n");}```

Source file:
```

}