[TxMt] Re: state of open/closed folders not being remembered

Tue May 3 19:58:02 UTC 2016

On 3 May 2016, at 19:26, Erik Neumann wrote:

> After trying various things I've managed to change the state of
> open/closed
> folders.  Here is what I tried:

Sorry for my late reply, I wanted to make some changes to the involved
code before replying, but have not gotten around to this yet, but
anyway…

The expanded folders are stored in TextMate’s “settings”. So if
you quit TextMate, you can see which folders should be expanded (during
next launch) by running this in a terminal:

     defaults read com.macromates.TextMate.preview ExpandedURLs

You can also remove all expanded folders by changing `read` to `delete`.

The way it should work is that when you close a window, it
“snapshots” which folders were expanded in this window. It should
forget all expanded folders which are descendents of the open project,
if they are not visible, when you close the project. But this is the
part I wanted to check up on.