[TxMt] Plugin development: Ruby Version Madness

Fabian Zeindl fabian.zeindl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:42:22 UTC 2016

I’m trying to integrate ternjs [0] into Textmate and am running into problems:

* if I use  #!/usr/bin/env ruby18 -wKU I can’t

require(‘json’)

in my script, it gives me a loadError

* if I use #!/usr/bin/env ruby

then the lib/ui.rb message dialog won’t work because it utilises an old osx-plist function [1].
I even managed to recompile the old plist thing and made it work, but it won’t work when forked [2] with an error

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _rb_gc_writebarrier_unprotect
  Expected in: flat namespace

Can anyone give me pointers into a direction?
Textmate Bundle development is so frustrating :(

Thanks
Fabian

[0] ternjs.net/doc/manual.html
[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6869463/in-textmate-i-cant-create-partials-with-rails-tmbundle