[TxMt] Re: Plugin: show popup at certain position

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Mar 28 13:20:24 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-28 13:11, Fabian Zeindl wrote:

> Did you move on from TextMate or found some kind of different strategy for this?

No, I'm still using TextMate. Basically the issue is that I need to add
a way to hide the overlay. They way I was using it, another fork of
TextMate which was running Rubocop (Ruby linter) as you type and showed
the errors using this overlay. Since I never implemented word wrapping
of the text in the overlays and when you got really long messages in the
overlay it got a bit annoying. I also never implemented a way to hide an
overlay for a single line. Also when a lot of the Ruby code I was using
caused a lot for errors it got even more annoying.

--
/Jacob Carlborg