[TxMt] Re: Plugin: show popup at certain position

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Mar 28 11:06:24 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-27 13:39, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   i would like to display popup / hints / overlays at certain position in code, so I can show the error where the occur.
>
> Is that somehow possible with the current plugin API? Maybe with dialog2 and custom nibs?

TextMate doesn't have a plugin API. It does support loading plugins but
there's no API. One uses Objective-C method swizzling to implement
TextMate plugins.

I have a fork [1] of TextMate that implements overlays that look and
behave (mostly) like the overloads (errors and warnings) in XCode [2]. I
did create a pull request for this but I need to rewrite it to use a
different implementation strategy.

I don't use it myself anymore because it had some problems, so it's stalled.

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/textmate/tree/inline_marks
[2]
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/306980/7550570/34dd48f2-f667-11e4-9bf4-fe08f42dd22a.png

--