[TxMt] Re: Working with R

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at shh.mpg.de
Sun Mar 6 23:10:45 UTC 2016

> On 06 Mar 2016, at 23:43, Peter Versteegen <pitiur at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had to reinstall OS X when upgrading to El Capitan I used to be able to use option-R to run an R script. It no longer works.
> I’ve searched and tried various things but nothing works. The interface has changed and I can’t figure out the bundle process.
> I need help. How do I fix this?

Hi,

without further information it's difficult to answer. What did you mean with "The interface has changed"? Do you are using TextMate 2? Do you see any error message?

If you write "It no longer works" it seems to me that TextMate does't find R.

Please try to run in the Terminal:

which R

This command should output the path to your executable R file. [On my machine '/usr/bin/R']

echo $PATH

and press CTRL+R.

This command will print the content of the PATH variable. Look for the outputted path (without "R" - in my case "/usr/bin").
If you cannot find it open Preferences > Variables and add the path (in my case it would be "/usr/bin") as value for the variable name "PATH" and make sure that the PATH variable is activated.

Another option is the add a new variable called "TM_REXEC" and set it to the output of the "which R" command.

Cheers, Hans