[TxMt] Re: Supporting YAML front matter in Markdown

Sat Jul 16 20:46:53 UTC 2016

On 16 Jul 2016, at 22:35, Stefan Daschek wrote:

> Maybe we could introduce something like |TM_MARKDOWN_PREPROCESSOR|
> into the existing preview commands? With the idea that as long as this
> is not set (the default) it does nothing, but if it is set the
> document gets piped through this first before being processed further.

This sounds fine to me, however, this should probably be a list.

So your bundle would contain:

	{	shellVariables = (
			{	name = 'TM_MARKDOWN_FILTER';
				value = '$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/strip-frontmatter:$TM_MARKDOWN_FILTER';
			},
		);
	}

And the preview command would have to do a “split” and run each
(non-empty) filter.

This could be exploited by users as well, for example I could set
`TM_MARKDOWN_FILTER` to something that generates table-of-contents or
enumerate the headings etc.