[TxMt] Re: Emmit Plugin in 2.0-beta.11.9

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:36:36 UTC 2016

@George

I do think we could find a path forward, perhaps leveraging the sublime
bundle, as I don’t think Emmet proper is going to help. I guess its not the
worst plugin to try and build, at least there’s references :)

@Igor

I thought zen-coding had evolved into Emmet. I don’t care much for tab
expansion, I’m quite happy with alt + e, so thats not an issue for me. I
wonder if we could convince them of the user base’s existence?

@Allan

It works for me, has been for a while. I don’t know another TextMate user
that also uses Emmet. I suddenly feel very alone here. Lol.

Basically, when I installed TextMate and Emmet would not install, I Googled
my issue and found that build by pingyang at github. So I guess there’s at
least a few of us.

I’m not sure from that crash log if emmet is in use at the time or not...

I do have the latest TextMate working with Emmet, via that build which I
downloaded, updated the target architecture and changed the Bundle Id on.
The first bundle id I tried was 'io.emmet.EmmetTextmate2', and TextMate
rejected it with the "disabled plugin" error message. I can try again this
weekend, my Xcode-foo is not very good.

I’ve created a pull request on the emmet-objc github repo, to start a
conversation if nothing else. Alas pingyang’s original pull request is
still sitting in their queue https://github.com/emmetio/emmet-objc/pulls. I
doubt I’ll hear from them, and so I don’t think there will be anything
official.

I’d be interested to know if "io.emmet.EmmetTM2" is showing up in your
crash reports.

I’ll add the defaults command to my issue thread, just incase.

Thanks,

Graham Heath