[TxMt] Re: callback.document.will-save not working anymore

Fri Jul 15 08:35:17 UTC 2016

On 13 Jul 2016, at 10:15, Koen Punt wrote:

> Subs:
>
> I remove the trailing newline, document displays as modified (dot in
> tab)
>
> I save, the dot in the tab disappears, in the gutter appears a dot for
> a git
> change.
>
> I save again, the dot in the gutter disapppears.

What is expected/not expected?

Does the version in git have the newline or not?

How does the did-save callback add the newline?

It sounds to me like a race condition, i.e. the file is at some point
different from what’s in Git, you have a callback that “fixes”
this, but gutter gets updated before the fix runs, hence it is
temporarily showing the change in the gutter.

The gutter only updates on did-save, thus it should show the git state
at this time.