[TxMt] Re: Emmit Plugin in 2.0-beta.11.9

Igor Kozlov me at igorkozlov.me
Fri Jul 15 08:10:44 UTC 2016

> Seems like it works fine in Sublime, can we copy their implementation? Or could it be migrated to a bundle somehow?

Plugin's author said that TM does not have the needed API to make it work the way it works in Sublime Text. It kind of works now but either breaks the "tab" chaining functionality (that I explained here https://github.com/emmetio/Emmet.tmplugin/issues/5 ) or requires you to use a keyboard shortcut to expand the abbreviations.

The absence of the API is probably the main reason why it was abandoned.

I've been successfully using Zen Coding for so many years now https://github.com/pepelsbey/zen-coding . It does not allow expanding CSS selectors like Emmet does, but having snippets for all the CSS rules and HTML elements is enough. I updated the bundles by adding support for SASS and Stylus syntaxes though.